Monday, January 27, 2014

Happy Yellow Monday! And Goal Setting….

What on earth? Happy Yellow Monday?

My husband and I started this a few years ago…. Isn't Monday the worst day of the week? Coming in from a weekend off (well, I know, not for everyone). Brian would always be in a bad mood on a Mondays, so one day I decided to wear a yellow shirt and I put a yellow bandana in my hair and I declared it a Happy Day! 
You know, ever since then, it's been MUCH better! 

Try it. It's the little things in life that mean the most.

So this timer thing is working out GREAT for me! I decide what I'm going to do, then set the timer for an hour and have at it. I'm not allowed to veer off the path and I LOVE all the stuff I'm getting done. I did get the stock room cleaned up and I'm able to actually get some work done in it now instead of tripping over things.

I like to get up in the morning, and then decide what I'm going to do with my day. It really depends on how I feel, how much energy I have etc. I know lots of people think about it and make a schedule up the night before. 

What works for you? 

Recently I spent some time working on Goals. I got out a BIG pad and wrote down everything I wanted to accomplish. Little things (short term goals) and BIG things that would take weeks, months or longer. Then I prioritized them in order of importance, placing an A, B or C next to each goal. For example I placed an A next to "Get the tax papers in order". I placed a C next to clean out the upstairs closets. 

The next thing I did was map out a plan to accomplish my long term goals. I broke them down into manageable steps:

Make phone calls
Do research
Etc.

I keep my Goal pad near my Daily Planner and pluck off a few things from the A, B and C list and plug them into the "TO DO" column on my weekly Calendar. I am TRYING do at least one thing off each A, B and C goal sheet each day.

I will keep you posted on my progress!

Please share if you have any wonderful ideas on how to be productive, I would LOVE to hear from you!

Time to get to work, hope you have a blessed day!

jeri




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, Please leave me a message and have a blessed day!